Yacon is high fiber and low sugar perennial plant. It is sometimes called apple of the earth or “ground apple” because its texture and flavour is similar to that of a fresh apple, watermelon and native turnip (singkamas) .
We were glad to discover that we both have the same church (Bread of Life Ministries http://www.crossroad77.com/). Then she confessed she has a malignant brain tumor. Her doctor said she may die anytime soon, it is only the sustaining grace of God that makes her able to do grocery shopping. I suggested that consuming carrot regularly can help fight cancer. I, myself, in the morning, drink carrot shake (with whey milk sometimes) or a cup of carrot juice blended with fruits like apple or banana and other vegetables at least thrice a week.


The high amounts of beta carotene of carrot that changes into Vitamin A in the body, helps eliminate cancer-causing free radicals. As we all know, Vitamin A is also essential for good eyesight. Deficiencies in Vitamin A can cause poor vision, including night vision. However, excessive carrot consumption (3 cups or 3 pounds of carrot juice a day) can cause hypercarotenemia, a condition in which the skin turns orange.
Take a closer look at a sliced carrot; it looks like a human eye, right? That is the wonder of God's creation!
I suddenly remembered my cancer survivor friend who is using alternative medicine and from whom I have learned that although chemotherapy stops cancer cells from multiplying, it can also harm healthy cells in the body.
I got the woman's contact number. I was teary-eyed as I bid her goodbye. I promised to pray for her. I was too concerned of her financial condition since she has a 2-year-old son and a husband who gave up his job to take care of her (what a loving husband!). She said God’s mercy nourishes them. At the age of 30, she is too young to die and her family, especially the little child, would definitely miss her. Likewise, she would not be able to continue the accomplishment of the mission of God that she was vigorously telling me.
My heavy heart still managed to thank God for that event which motivated me to be more enthusiastic in achieving a healthy lifestyle.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.