Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Friday, May 15, 2009

Harmful Effects of Fast Food



Many of us are indulged in Fast-Food Habits but personally, I still prefer to ingest natural and organic substance than eating any processed food. My conscience bothers me whenever I am tempted to eat burgers, hotdogs, pizza, fried stuff with cheese, French fries, doughnuts (banana cue), noodles and all such food items that can be prepared and served quickly, otherwise known as Fast Foods.   I understand that they are very delicious and convenient especially when accompanied with cold drinks or soft drinks BUT they can harm our health in the long run.   Thanks to the words of wisdom of our beloved preacher Rev. Butch Conde which I have imbibed many years ago.  He always tells his children to “EAT FOR HEALTH NOT FOR TASTE.”

I am not a nutritionist but I have been constantly attending a Health Forum/Seminar (More Than C-conqueror) conducted by Christian doctors who are engaged in Alternative Medicine and have been faithfully studying and compiling articles about nutrition and healthy living.   Well I can say that I am struggling and trying my hardest to achieve a healthy and fulfilling life in order to serve God longer and efficiently.

Harmful Effects of Eating Fast Food REGULARLY:

1. it contains a high amount of Sodium that contributes to high blood pressure;

2. bad cholesterol in meat-containing fast food leads to clogging or thickening of arteries which can result in heart attack or even heart failure.

3. Trans fat is found abundantly in fast foods and all processed food. It increases the bad cholesterol but reduces the good cholesterol;

4. it is addictive;

5. it leads to obesity;

6. REGULAR consumption of fast food can lead to malnutrition;

7. it increases risks of any chronic disorder.

2 comments:

  1. What's up mates, its fantastic piece of writing concerning educationand completely explained, keep it up all the time.
    My web site - url

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mam,I got a wonderful topic for my morning assembly.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.